Sunday, August 30, 2009

Getting ready for Sunday School

I've been contemplating writing a second blog for some time now, but have been unsure as to what the topic of my blog should be. As I began preparing for my sunday school lesson today, I realized that a blog might be a good way for me to express the thoughts and feelings that come to me as I study. It may also be a good way to invite my friends and class members to share their feelings on these subjects as well. But mostly, I want to use this blog to help me study throughout the week, and not just within a day or two of giving my lesson.

Unlike my other blog, www.hpflyer.blogspot.com, which is all over the place, I would like this blog to be an outlet for my spiritual side. I hope to find links to outside sources that will help my understanding of the gospel, and in turn, benefit the members of my family and my gospel doctrine class. Beginning with my current lesson, this blog will pick up on Doctrine and Covenants and Church History, lesson 33 and follow through the end of the year.

I don't know how long I will teach Gospel Doctrine, and for all I know, I may be released next week, but again, I hope this blog will be an aid to me as I study, whether I'm the teacher or not, and find a way to grow closer to my Savior and Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment